Your privacy and security is very important to us and we look after the information we hold about you carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. We've set out below more detail on what information we collect about you and how we use that information.
Who are we?
Any reference to "we", "us" and "our" is to www.lydiaosteoporosis.com website @ Queen Margaret University (QMU)
QUEEN MARGARET UNIVERSITY, EDINBURGH, is a company incorporated under the Companies Acts and limited by guarantee (Registered No. SC7335, Scottish Charity number SC002750) and having its Registered Office at Queen Margaret University Drive, Musselburgh, East Lothian, EH21 6UU ("the University"). We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. To find out more information about the Data Protection Register, visit the Information Commissioner's Office website.
What services does this policy cover?
What information do we collect?
What information we collect about you depends on which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- your name, email address, or any other biographical data you choose to share with us;
- information about your use of our Services including details of your domain name and internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, the content you view, how long you stayed on a page, your navigation around the Services;
- location data from your IP address.
When do we collect information?
We may collect information about you:
- when you register for Services or when you otherwise update your details;
- when you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- when you request to be sent communications such as updates or notifications;
- in monitoring your use of the Services including without limitation communications sent via and use of the Services;
- when you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point.
How will we use your information?
Your information may be used by us to:
- Monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience.
- assist in and administer the provision of Services to you
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- to contact you with service messages. By way of example only, if any of the Services for which you have registered is no longer available, we may contact you to let you know that it has closed and inform you of any similar services offered by us and/or a third party partner on our behalf;
Generally, we will only send you marketing messages (by which we mean messages not directly related to your existing use of our services) if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by "opting-in") to receiving such messages. Where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so, we will send you and keep you updated with information by email, or other methods of communication about existing and new services.
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the 'unsubscribe', 'stop' or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in "Contact Details" below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us. This will not affect messages regarding your on-going use of our services.
What about third parties?
There are no third parties involved in this site.
Service providers based outside the United Kingdom
We do not use third party companies to perform any functions of the Services.
Changes to our business
If we decide to change or re-organise the structure of our business, we may need to pass your personal information as provided by you so that we can continue to effectively deliver the Services to you.
Also, if we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some of our companies' assets, user information (including the personal information collected from you through your use of the Services), may be included in the assets that are transferred to the new owner.
What about security?
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information. No personal data will be shared with anyone. It will simply be used to operate the site. Data is stored securely on a private dedicated server inside a password protected database.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
Amending your information
Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update your login and password or other details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to amend your details then please contact us (see "Contact Us" section below). You must make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at RGKU@qmu.ac.uk